Monday 12 September 2011

Battle of the Drugstores

OMG!!!

So the past two weeks have not been great for my bank account! I have recently found out I got the job that I really wanted so I thought I would spoil myself. However my 1 day of shopping turned into like 2 weeks and STILL I have a list of things that I want to buy! I haven't even started my new job let alone getting paid! 

The drugstores are not making it any easier for me! Boots now has a 3 for 2 offer going across all their make up PLUS you get £5 vouchers for no7. I have now bought 4 no7 nail varnishes and 2 lip liners and I am still not done! It just seems like such a good deal! I am loving their blue nail varnishes as well as their cleansers! On top of that, the 3 for 2 offer is great too. I always go in  wanting to buy just one thing but then end up buying 3!!! This time I have been quite good and went for the cheaper products.

I have recently purchased Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer and I LOVE IT! Therefore I thought I would try out a few more products from this brand. Firstly, I bought the Shimmer Shades in colour Blushalicious. This is a lovely blush consisting of 4 different shades. You can use them separately or mix them all together. It reminds me of Benefit's Sugarbomb.


Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades £4.19

Swatches

The second thing I bought is the Collection 2000 XXL Volume Sensation mascara. I haven't tried this out yet but I like the look of it.
Collection 2000 XXL Volume Sensation Mascara £4.99

The brush

For my free item I chose Models Own Juicy Jules Nail Varnish. I have recently made an order from their website and this colour was sold out, so I was pleased to see it in store.

Models Own Juicy Jules £5

As I mentioned, I have bought a lot of no7 stuff and planning to buy a lot more so will probably do a separate post for that.

Now onto Superdrug. Most of their moisturisers are now half price. I used this great offer to buy the below:


They are also doing a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois. But I resisted and didn't buy anything since I have nearly everything! Another thing that caught my eye was the Impulse deodorant with free Barry M lipgloss.

Impulse Tease and free Barry M lipgloss £3
 The deodorant is great, it smells lovely and it's the perfect size for a handbag!

Barry M Lipgloss
 But the thing I am the most excited about is the lipgloss! It smells HEAVENLY! And the colour is soooo lovely and it's not sticky. It is the perfect lipgloss! It has got a lot of shimmer in it so I will stick to wearing it in the night but it is sooo gorgeous! 

Swatch

Superdrug are also doing a lot of Revlon offers. I picked up one of their nail varnishes in colour 095 Facets of Fuchsia for £4.49 (down from £6.49). This is sooo beautiful! Cannot wait to try it out!
Revlon Facets of Fuchsia


Another thing from Revlon that I am after is the Colorstay  Foundation. This is meant to be amazing and loads of people prefer it to the expensive brands! However I couldn't find my shade anywhere so will have to keep looking! There is currently a £3 discount on it. 

Revlon Colorstay foundation £9.49 (normally £12.49)
I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe got inspired to get some of the products above. I just hope I will be able to resist from buying any more...at least till I get my first pay cheque! :-)

Speak to you soon!

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment