Wednesday 21 September 2011

Graduation Presents : MAC and Urban Decay

Hi everyone!!!!

I am really excited about this post. I have recently graduated from uni and because I did quite well I got spoiled rotten :-) My lovely hubby Joe knows me sooo well so he took me make up shopping and I got LOADS of stuff!!!  

Here is a cheesy picture of the two of us:


The biggest thing I got is the Urban Decay 15 year anniversary eyeshadow collection. I was sooo excited about this palette because I LOVE my UD Naked palette so was very keen on getting another one. And OH MY DAYS!!! This one is sooo beautiful and sooo worth it. It is quite pricey (£39) but you get 15!!!! eyeshadows which is great. Enough talking, this palette speaks for itself!










I love the fact it comes with such amazing bright colours that are still perfectly wearable. The pigmentation is great as always (apart from the evidence, I had to swatch it a few times to get the colour on the pic) and they last all day, especially when worn with Urban Decay Primer Potion. They are really hard to get hold of though. So get yours quick!!! :-)

And now onto MAC! Here are the things he treated me to! What a hero! :-)





First up is the pressed blot powder. I love this sooo much and ALWAYS have it in my handbag! It gets rid of oiliness without making your skin look cakey. This is due to its sheer coverage. So if you like to use your powder for extra coverage this product isn't for you :-) Mine is in colour medium/dark.






The second thing I got is a matte bronzer. This is actually called blusher and it's in colour Harmony. And I love this soo much. Mainly because it's not orangey like most bronzers so it's perfect for contouring. This is suitable for fair skin tones too so it's GREAT!





I also got 2 MAC paints. One paint pot and one paint. I got the paint after watching Kim Kardashian's MUA using it for her smokey eyes and it just looked stunning! And it is sooo affordable too. I got the same colour as Kim uses and that's Bare Canvas. The Paint Pot I have is in colour Painterly, really nice skin toned matte colour. Both Paints are AMAZING and never crease. They can be used as a base or as a shadow on its own. I must say I prefer the consistency of paints but packaging of pots.




Left - Bare Canvas, Right - Painterly

Joe also got me the new shadestick from the Mac me over collection in colour Street Cool. The colour is delicious purple taupey colour. However as much as I love the colour I am not a big fan of the product. It creases like crazy and it tuggs when applied. The main reason I got this is for when I am in the hurry so I can just quickly put it on without using any brushes or other colours. However because of tugging it takes ages to put it on. Not a big fan! This is a first MAC product that I bought and don't really like.




Last but not least is the eyebrow pencil in colour Spiked. This is brilliant! I have been obsessed with eyebrows for the past few weeks but can't get mine perfect so hopefully this will help :-) 



I cannot describe how happy I am with my graduation presents and the fact I finished uni. I now have a graduate job so will be buying loads more high end make up. This doesn't mean I will neglect good old drugstores. Because, trust me, some stuff  is better than high end, eg  Sleek Blushes (post on them coming up soon!) 

Speak to you soon

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment