Monday 12 September 2011

Moisturiser hunt

Heya!!

So I am finally back! Soo sorry I haven't blogged in a while! But I have saved up loads and loads to write about so you will get it all at once :-) 

I have recently started getting quite worried about my complexion. I have always been quite lucky and never had   bad skin but lately I have noticed lots of dry patches and TONS of wrinkles!!! So I went on a hunt for good moisturisers. And trust me it was soo hard to find something that will suit my oily complexion with horribly dry patches. 

Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream


After a lot of research I decided to go for Oilatum natural repair face cream, which was recommended by pixiwoo (celebrity make up artists!). It claims to be an innovative new therapy specially formulated to intensively nourish and help repair skin's natural barrier. It also penetrates deeply to rehydrate facial skin relieving tightness and irritation and leaving it smooth. It is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. 

I have been using this as a night cream and it's been working miracles! I no longer have dry patches and my skin feels great. The only reason why I don't use it in a day as well is that it is too greasy for me and I don't fancy having shiny face all day! :-) Haha! You can purchase this from Boots for £7.65. 

Olay Total effects 7-in-1 anti-ageing day moisturisers

The second face cream I got is Olay Total effects 7-in-1 anti-ageing day moisturiser. This is to mainly target my wrinkles. I am 23 so needed to start ASAP. So far I have been liking this moisturiser a lot. It has got a nice light formula and I love that it is SPF 15! However when I bought the one with touch of maxfactor foundation I wasn't as impressed. It is still a great moisturiser and looks great when worn on its own but whenever I put foundation on top, it turns orange, which is not my favourite look! And since I wear foundation nearly every day, I decided to give this to my mum :-) 


They both normally retail for about £15 but at the moment Superdrug has half price offer on both of them! So I paid £7.14 for the normal one and £7.64 for the tinted one, which I think is a great deal!

My next mission is to get a good cleanser. I can't decide between Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser or the No7 radiance boosting Hot cloth cleanser. They are both meant to be great and since No7 has £5 vouchers out I am quite tempted to get this one first! If you have any recommendations please let me know in the comment below! :-)

Thanks for reading!

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment