Saturday 13 August 2011

J Lo inspired make up

Hi everyone,

I have been loving blogging and have soo many ideas that I don't know where to start! But this summer J Lo has been absolutely massive, not only because of her divorce with Marc Anthony but mainly for her appearance on American Idol. She is back and looks better than ever. Her bronzed look has been her staple look for many years so I will try to recreate it. Please bare in mind that it is impossible for me to look exactly like her or use exactly the same colour as my skin colouring and hair is different so I have to adjust the look so it compliments me. :-)

J Lo's inspired make up
Start by applying a primer all over the lids. The one below is amazing!
Urban Decay Primer Potion

Then I used MUA eye dust in shade 5. This is fantastic for creating that bronzy/brown look. Just sweep it all over the eye lid and below the eyes as well. It can be purchased from Superdrug and costs only £1. This is a good way of getting into loose shadows! 

MUA eye dust shade 5 £1
The next step is highlighting the brow bone and tear duct. This lifts the eyebrow and creates the illusion of bigger eyes! I used another shadow from the MUA collection, but this time in a pressed form.
MUA eye shadow shade 1 £1
In this picture J Lo is wearing really dark eyeliner, this makes the bronzy tones pop. For your waterline use Avon SuperShock eyeliner in black - this is the BLACKEST eyeliner I have ever come across! For the liquid eyeliner I used L'oreal's Super Liner in carbon black. Make sure you wing it out like J Lo did.

Now curl the lashes and apply your mascara. I am using these 3 below. They all do different things and the finish result is much better than just using 1 mascara.

Now fill your brows in. I used my favourite eyebrow kit from elf. J Lo's brows look quite natural so don't over do it! :-) BUT also bare in mind that brows frame your face so make sure they stand out at least a little.
ELF eyebrow kit £3.50 and ELF small angled brush £3.50
Now the eyes are finished you can put your foundation on and conceal necessary areas. Then use the following brush for the cheeks.
No7 Powder Blush Brush £11.50
Firstly, use the brush to contour the cheeks. The face contour kit from sleek is great! Use to bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks to make the face look slimmer, then bring it up a little bit on the apples of your cheeks instead of a blusher.
Sleek Contour Kit medium £6.50
Secondly, use the No7 blush brush for your highlight. You can either use the one from the kit above or the one below. This is called Face & Body Highlighter in peach shimmer and it's also from Sleek. This one has a bit more colour in it so just make sure you get them all on your brush and then lightly sweep it on tops of your cheeks to lift them.
Sleek Face & Body Highlighter in peach shimmer £6.49
Line your lips with a nude lip liner. I purchased this one abroad so have no idea what it is called or how much it costs. Sorry! You can notice that on this specific picture J Lo is wearing a liner that's a bit darker than her lipstick.
Then use a nude lipstick and gloss over it. J Lo is famous for her nude glossy lips. I used nudes that were more on the pink side rather than browny as my colouring is different to J Lo's.
ELF mineral lipstick in runway pink £3.50 and Dior Addict Gloss in 247  £20

I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know if you would like me to recreate any other looks. Below is the finished look. However the colours are a bit distorted because the eyes aren't nowhere near as dark and the lips are more nude. I took over 100 pictures on my camera and my iPhone but this is the best I got.

This look is sooo easy and cheap to achieve (minus the dior lipgloss but use any other nude lipgloss). I think it's lovely especially in the summer as it gives you nice healthy glow. I wore it on my holidays a lot! But it's definitely great for nights out or special occasions out all year around.

Thank You!!!

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment